It was delicious!! I told myself then that I had to learn how to whip up treats like that.
It’s been years since Jennifer shared her recipe with me, and I’ve baked the pie more often than I can remember. What I like about pies is that the recipes can be modified easily according to preference or what’s available in the market.
This gives a new slant to the saying, ‘Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.’
Thanks, Jennifer, for showing me that baking a pie is really simple after all.
Mushroom Chicken Pie
2 chicken thighs, deboned, cubed
400 gm eryngii bunch mushrooms, substrate removed, cubed
2 big onions, cut
5 pips garlic
150g cream of mushroom (I use Campbell’s) or substitute
3 big russet potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
milk or milk powder
- Heat olive oil in pan and sauté the crushed garlic.
- Add chicken cubes, then mushrooms.
- Add cream of mushroom and herbs
- Cook till gravy thickens. Dish out onto pie dish.
- Add butter, milk and herbs into mashed potatoes.
- Pat potatoes onto chicken and mushroom in pie dish.
- Make slits in potato crust.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 400°F till golden brown.